Monday, August 20, 2018



DAY 9
'FIRST TIME JOINING TAU'S FLAG HOISTING CEREMONY'



So today is Monday, and it’s my ninth day in TAU. My friends and I started our day today by joining Tarlac Agriculture University's flag hoisting ceremony.  The ceremony began at 07. 30 at Gymnasium building centre. This is my first time to join the other's country flag hoisting ceremony. 
The ceremony is quite different from Indonesia in where the nation flag should be displayed. However, in Philippines, the flag hoisting ceremony was held without rising the flag. 
The flag was displayed on the screen with Philippine anthem was sung by the chorus. They also led all the participants to sing.  I saw that all of the participants were really enthusiastic joining the ceremony.  They seem having a deep nationalism. The participants on the ceremony were the whole students of TAU (college and laboratory school students), staffs, teachers, and lecturers who belong to Tarlac Agriculture ceremony. 
The ceremony was just being held about 30 minutes. After the chorus led the anthem, there would be the speech of the president of TAU.  He then let all of the participants of Seateacher and Seatvet to introduce ourselves in front of the audiences. We introduced ourselves by using English and Tagalog.  It was the biggest introduction I did in my life. Well for sure, it is such a great honor to be here, in Tarlac.  TAU greeted us well, and served us very good also.  I am happy to be here.
Still about the flag hoisting ceremony, during the headmaster speech, he then announced that there would be no class for today and tomorrow since tomorrow would be ied Adha day. The audiences, especially the students were so happy hearing the classes are off. 
After joining the flag hoisting ceremony, I decided to meet my cooperating teacher, Ms. Elaine. She asked me to meet her at the Laboratory school to submit my journal at 10 AM.  Since I still have time for about one hour and a half, I then got back to the hostel.
At 10.20 AM, I met Ms.Elaine to submit my journal and consult my lesson plan. Miss Elaine asked me to revise some points in my lesson plan, since I missed place it.  I’s about an hour staying at the faculty office, I decided to get back to the hostel to revise my lesson plan,  and write this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 29 ‘GOING HOME, WELCOME INDONESIA’     Today was last day for us in Manila. We went to the Ninoy Airport at 4 am from the ...