Sunday, August 19, 2018


DAY 8
'EXPLORING MARKET'



‘The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people’- Theodore Roosevelt

Well, in my seventh day in Tarlac, my friends, buddies, and I went to the traditional market in Camiling to buy some stuff that needed in kitchen. We went to the market by riding a bus at 1 PM. It approximately takes half an hour from Tarlac.
However, before we went to the market. We just ate Puto,
steamed rice cakes that were made by my buddy, Kristine. Well, in Indonesia, Puto just tastes the same as ‘apem’. The difference is just puto is made from steamed rice mixed with cheese, and apem just made from the steamed rice only.
In the market, we went by a group per each buddy. We also had our own tasks for what we should buy. For my group, we had to buy rice, turmeric, and chili. It all cost 500 pesos. After we bought the stuffs, we just went around for sightseeing in the market. Well, I think the market is pretty cool. The stores or the seller are organized well. It looked really neat and nice.
The other good point is also, the government here seems has developed the public places, such as market really well. We can look it from its floor. The floor in the market used paving block so it looks nicer than the market in Indonesia. It also has some chairs so that people can get rest there. another point that I appreciate also is, the market is kept clean; I do appreciate the people there.



Still in the market, I also bought some other things that we need such as fruits, stationary, snacks, and many other things. My friends bought Japanese foods, Philippine street foods, and many else. We were so happy went to the traditional market.
 We supposed to get back to Tarlac at 16.40, however, my friend, Galuh got trouble in that time. Therefore, we just got back to the Tarlac at 17.30 PM. Galuh just dropped her cell phone and it was broken. She directly went to the phone store near the market. While waiting for Galuh to buy a new phone, we were enjoying our time by talking with other friends, playing a game, taking pictures and so on until she got back.
Finally, we arrived at the hostel about 6 PM. We took a rest for a while, and then ate ice cream that was brought my Mrs.Kath. We enjoyed our time together until late night. Today was just a lovely day. I enjoyed a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 29 ‘GOING HOME, WELCOME INDONESIA’     Today was last day for us in Manila. We went to the Ninoy Airport at 4 am from the ...