Thursday, August 23, 2018


DAY 12
'MY FIRST CLASS'


          Hello good people! Happy reading in my blog…
Well today is my eleventh day in Tarlac Agricultural University (TAU). Today became a special day for me, since it’s my first class for teaching.
I felt really excited. I did my teaching practice started at 09.30 AM for the first class. That’s in grade 8 of science; and then continued by the second class at 10.30 AM in grade 8 Agrihome class. I felt really excited teaching theses class because they were very friendly and nice.
My teaching materials today were adjectives. The students participated actively in my class. They were paying attention when I was explaining the materials the materials. They were very smart; they always mentioned new words when I asked them to list some examples or when I asked questions. Well for sure, I was really happy teaching them.
The students seemed understand the materials very quickly. They understood the materials well; it can be seen from the worksheet that I distributed to those classes. Most of them got high scores. What a nice students. At 11.30 AM my classes ended, then my friends and I had a lunch in the canteen.
At 1 PM, I continued my class observation at grade 9 science. In grade 9, I observed that Ms.Elaine began the lesson by instructing the students to read the short story. And then she checked the attendance list. After that, she divided the students into 7 groups to make a poster puzzle. She asked the students to make a poster to illustrate the quotation on the flash. The students made poster very quick. They also had such brilliant ideas. They were very creative in giving the illustration on the poster. When presenting the poster, they also spoke English fluently.
After the group presented the poster, Ms.Elaine directly gave her feedbacks. She then continued the class by giving materials explanation about ‘The old English literature’. I recognized that the students really engaged with Ms.Elaine lesson. The same as the last class I attended at 3.00 PM, that’s grade 9 of Agrihome. The students were asked to make a poster to illustrate the quotation about an hour. While students made poster, Ms.Elaine gave feedbacks for my teaching practice. And then the class ended, and I went back to the hostel.
Overall, my day today was amazing. While writing this blog, the smile and the laugh of the students still stuck on my mind. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 29 ‘GOING HOME, WELCOME INDONESIA’     Today was last day for us in Manila. We went to the Ninoy Airport at 4 am from the ...