Thursday, August 30, 2018


DAY 19
‘MY THIRD CLASS’



Today was my third times of teaching practice. I was really happy because the students always greeted me well. I started my first class like yesterday at grade 8n science. My topic today was ‘descriptive text’. First of all, I showed them a picture, then they should guessed who is on the picture. The fastest guesser will be given a reward.
            The students participated well, and they also guessed the picture fast. Then, they were asked to write some statements that describe the picture on the board. The students seem to be happy.
            After that, I continued the lesson by talking about the definition of adjectives, its structures, and its features. They were also asked to read one of descriptive text example and answered the questions given. At the end of the class they were asked to write short descriptive text about one topic given. The students wrote quickly, and they did really well.
            At 10.30, I continued my lesson to the second class, that was 8 Agrihome. I just need to repeat the same lessons, and the same activities. The students’ characteristics were also just the same. I love them so much.
            At 1 pm, I continued my class observation at grade 9 science. They were asked to perform their character sketch. The students were really good in doing the presentation. They presented their work well. Their speaking skill was awesome; almost all of the students speak English fluently. They did their job really well.
            And after that, I continued the teaching assistance by administering a quiz for grade 9 Agrihome. The quiz was like a quiz given for the grade 9 science that is about the story they have discussed. The quiz consists of 50 items. The students     were given an hour to answer the quiz, but they could finish it earlier. They just finished the quiz in 40 minutes, so there was 20 minutes left for the class today. The 20 minutes were used by Ms.Elaine to do the coreection together.
            During the correction, Ms.Elaine tried to review the materials or topic that they already discussed. Therefore, the students could learn it twice.
            The class ended at 4 PM, I asked Ms.Elaine permission at the faculty office and then got back to the hostel.



No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 29 ‘GOING HOME, WELCOME INDONESIA’     Today was last day for us in Manila. We went to the Ninoy Airport at 4 am from the ...