Friday, August 17, 2018


DAY 6
'CELEBRATING INDONESIAN INDEPENDENCE DAY'





            17th August became the most busiest,  most impressive, and joyful day. Why? Because today is my independence day: Indonesian Independence Day.
We celebrated the independence’s day in the Indonesian Embassy Office, Manila. We went there in
a very early morning, because going to Manila takes 4 to 5 hours if there is a traffic jam. For me it’s far, and we have to be ready sit in long hours.

We left out from the hostel at 4 AM by riding the TAU bus. I sit on the first seat with Mrs.Karren. I was so happy, because Mrs.Karren is a very kind person. She let me sleep on her shoulder, hold my hands because of cold, she also offered me a jacket and water. What a kind person!
            In short, we then arrived at Makati city, Manila at 10.30 AM. Arriving there, the celebration has already been being started. We were very enthusiastic joining the celebration. I personally felt really affected when Indonesian anthem was played. I could not deny myself, I really miss my home.
            Well, the ceremony just ended at 11 AM and then continued by the next indoor agendas. The first indoor agenda was the greeting by the Indonesian ambassador, Mr.Sinyo Harry.




Then it was continued by cutting ‘Nasi Tumpeng’. In Indonesia, Nasi Tumpeng is always be used in every ceremony. 



       It has some symbolic meanings, as stated in https://en.brilio.net/food/hidden-meanings-in-indonesian-traditional-dish-nasi-tumpeng-160823z.html that the symbolic meanings of nasi tumpeng are Cone shape reflects mountains and volcanoes, seven sides reflect the helping hands, a whole chicken to avoid misconduct, and anchovies reflect harmony and togetherness.  
After that, we all had our lunch. For me it’s brunch, because we all have not had our breakfast until 12.00. In this brunch we decided to eat a lot. Because we were so hungry and also the foods are Indonesian foods. There were rendang (made from beef), urap (vegetables), sate, tahu (tofu), tempe (soybean), and also opor ayam (chicken with yellow gravy).We miss Indonesian taste so much.
            After had our brunch, we then took prayer and enjoyed some shows like traditional dances from Indonesia such: Tari Merak, dangdut, and many things else. Well, the celebration of Indonesian Independence’s Day in Philippine was very amazing. This ceremony was written by my partner in Lombok, as my media, please check https://kanalntb.com/2018/08/wartawan-kanal-ntb-berkesempatan-studi-di-manila-mengintip-kemeriahan-hut-ri-ke-73/
            The least but not the last, the celebration also has many traditional competition just like in Indonesia. We here got Lomba lari kelereng (running by bringing marbles in a spoon), Lomba balap Karung( running with a sack), Bakiak (Walking with a wooden clog by some of people), embassy got talent, and many others. Overall, it was a marvel ceremony.


Dirgahayu Indonesia, Happy Independence Day

            Well everyone, we then left out the embassy office at 4 PM. We dropped by at the SM city mall, buying some stuffs. I bought shoes, SIM cards, and an USB. Approximately we went back to Tarlac at 9 PM.
            As been already told before that it takes a long journey to reach Tarlac, we then arrived at the hostel around 12 PM. My friends and I took bath, wrote this blog, and then rest. What do you think about my activities today? Is it tiring? Amazing? Or?. Well then, hopefully you’ll enjoy reading my next posts with my other activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 29 ‘GOING HOME, WELCOME INDONESIA’     Today was last day for us in Manila. We went to the Ninoy Airport at 4 am from the ...